My STEM Units

Monday, June 2, 2014

Meet-Up in Chicago

Summer is rife with educational conferences.  It only makes sense. Teachers don't have to worry about sub plans.  Districts either have to use up title monies or they have a new batch of title monies to spend.  In all my years in education, I have never had "the summer off".  Instead, my calendar is full of trainings, conferences, and expos.  This summer will be no different.

So, where is Susan jet-setting off to this summer?  Chicago!  I will be presenting at the High Impact Technology Exchange Conference. 


ABOUT HI-TEC

I will be presenting the STEM units that I co-wrote for the Whiteriver Unified School District.  I will be sharing how we took our charge of "Prepare Our Kids for PARCC", the Common Core State Standards, the district-adopted curriculum, and the district initiatives and created comprehensive STEM units.  I will share the process of combining these elements with 21st century skills and embedded professional development to create a complete package.  Finally, through a grant, I will share how we were able to pay our teachers a stipend to take the National Science Foundation ST4STEM course to empower them to write their own STEM units.


While in ChiTown, I would love to do a Meet-Up.  So if you are attending the HI-TEC conference or will be in the Chicago area July 22-24, we should meet up and talk all things STEM.  Send me an email to SRodriguez@STEM-Ready.com and I'll set up the Meet-Up location and time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment